Today is one of those days where I'm frustrated at my inability to articulate what I want to say in any way that would give justice to the topic or emotions behind it while remaining socially appropriate.
Usually I make a half-assed attempt anyway, which rambles on, page after page, as I form and reform sentences, trying in vain to completely encapsulate that which is in my head and on my heart.
Instead of making that attempt only to be further frustrated and disappointed at the inaccurate representation of this thing that drives me to write, I think I'll be content with a few lines that leave enough unsaid that I may still be driven to put pen to paper in my personal journal later tonight. After that, these thoughts may or may not spill out into this blog in the form of thoughts less personal, more generic, more "safe." This is a public forum after all.
"Our relationship is too flammable to play around with that type of fire."
-From "Broken Hope," my brother's essay he wrote about our relationship growing up and the impetus for all these thoughts--both personal and more universally applied--now in my head.
1 comment:
I think the general sentiment you're expressing - lack of ability to articulate a thought or emotion - is why I love mythology (in a broad sense that includes music, literature, film, etc.). It can be an easier if not more appropriate means of communication sometimes.
Post a Comment