Sunday, February 3, 2008

Like sunshine in the winter cold

There is so much bouncing around in my head that I'd like to be able to unpack here, but my life doesn't really allow for that right now. So while those ideas and topics continue to build up without a chance to be set free, I figured it would be good to list some things about this weekend that made me joyful. That way I'm at least getting something out and focusing on the positive is rarely a bad thing :)

*Playing in the snow with Nick on date night. (this included creating Reginald, the wannabe bad-ass and a snowman that looked like a flamboyant Skeletor). It's hard to be bad-ass when you have twiggy arms and are sitting in a baby swing.

*Sia's new CD, Some People Have Real Problems, coming in the mail.

*Going outside and finding my van dug out of the snow by a thoughtful boyfriend.

*6 items of clinic appropriate clothing found at Wal Mart for . . . $1 each! (who wants to spend money on clothes solely for clinic use?)

*Beautiful sunshine shining off the snow all weekend.

*Reading through Psalm 103 and being pretty encouraged by it (He knows our form and remembers we are dust and that's actually a very comforting thing)

*Having an excellent conversation with former roomie Sarah about several aspects of life. Really encouraging and thought-provoking.

*Encouraging lunch with Kim, right after my conversation with Sarah, in which more things were discussed and more motivations were created. I can see a lot of good things resulting from those two conversations.

*Super Bowl party at the Dawg Haus with friends from church and friends from my major. It was cool for a few of them to be able to meet each other and hang out together.

I'm ignoring for the moment that almost no homework has been accomplished as of yet this weekend and it's going to make for a difficult week. Looks like I'll just have to continue learning to be disciplined even in the midst of consecutive 12-hour days.

2 comments:

nick said...

I'm glad to have contributed to your joy this weekend.


Things that made me joyful this weekend:

1) The snowstorm Thursday night.

2) Playing in the snow with a really cute girl Friday night.

3) Finally getting the Dawg Haus basement into shape and set-up how I wanted it as another common room.

4) A couple nights of reading good books with afore mentioned cute girl.

5) Hosting a Super Bowl Party for fun friends.

Molly said...

That sounds like a great weekend all around! Congrats! I am glad you had a great weekend. I thought about you when we went to the medieval faire this weekend. I was looking at our group picture from last year, that was fun. I think I am going to join you in things that made me joyful this weekend:

1. Going to see Beowulf for free at Gator Nights.

2. Going to bed at 11:30 and getting a full nights sleep for 2 nights.

3. Going to the faire.

4. Helping with Chad's surprise birthday party (and actually surprising him).

5. Watching a silly movie.

6. Hearing an amazing sermon about why communion is there for us, and that God set it up with Moses (yeah, it is that old). It was an amazing truth to have my eyes opened about.

7. Hosting a Super Bowl party.

8. Making amazing homemade cookies and cream ice cream.