Friday, December 28, 2007

So maybe everyone else has already seen this. . .

. . . but it was new to me. And it cracked me up.

http://www.google.com/reader/next?go=noitems

Since joining the Gmail community in August or so, Google has rapidly been taking over my life. I just finished meandering around Google Reader, figuring out how to actually set it up so it's helpful.

At this point, if Google ever dies, so many of my routines would be thrown off and so much of the data I rely on lost, I think I'd just give up on the internet altogether and become a technology hermit.

5 comments:

nick said...

Ah yes, the end of the internets. It still makes me laugh.

Every now and then I get a little paranoid about how much control google has over my life (email, reader, blog, calendar, search history, news). As long as they stick to their motto of "Don't be evil" we should all be fine.

Amy Van-Mod said...

uh. . .I might be about to sound really gullible right now, but:
is that really their motto??

nick said...

Well it is informally:
Don't Be Evil

I had to think about that for a second, cause I've only ever heard it in nerd circles and never seen it posted anywhere. Thought for a second I might have been the gullible one since I was passing on second hand info without checking it :-P

Ben said...

yeah they posted it on their own code of conduct:

http://investor.google.com/conduct.html

I can't believe there's a link straight to the end of the internet though! I've spent way to many hours trying to beat the last guy. He's really hard!

Unknown said...

ah.. I didn't know they did all that stuff.. I just use them for their search engine and email. Oh, and sketchup pro, because I have to install it at work. Though now that I think of it, I do recall reading about picaso program of theirs, and I guess googleearth/googlemaps.
Then back in the day they used to have a search engine for your computer, but I thought that was the dumbest thing ever, letting someone search through all your data on the hard drive.. ha!.