Monday, November 19, 2007

You know you've been in Speech-Language Pathology too long when:


= ?


In Imogen Heap's song "Loose Ends", she uses words like complicated, triangulated, and overrated.

This song is ruined for me because a few days ago, it was playing in the background and I swear I heard the word: "pedunculated."
The only context in which I've heard this word is in describing polyps, which are growths that can occur on vocal folds (as well as other unpleasant places). Vocal fold pathologies in general are enough to make one gag, so any association with said visuals is less than pleasant. Now every time I hear the song, pictures like the above right come to mind.

The above is actually a sessile polyp which are less gross, but vocal folds can tend to look . . .awkward and uncomfortable (I'll leave it at that) so that limited my choices.

1 comment:

nick said...

Ha, cute post. To bad the song is ruined, it's a good one.

In a similar vein, American Pie by Don McLean has been ruined by several folks - Weird Al, Brent Dickman, and now These Guys.

It's a nerdy networking joke to the tune of American Pie.

~ njm